Batteries represent the first maintenance cost item for electric machines. Their lifespan widely varies according to maintenance knowledge or bad habits - some are even replaced while they could function properly with a few corrective actions. This exclusive technology combines a smart charger with water refilling solutions to significantly optimize the performance and lifespan of the batteries, thus reducing your Total Cost of Ownership.
An embedded smart charger communicates with all machine components
Accurate battery charging assessment and advanced features optimize charging
• The smart charger ensures an optimal charge as it permanently monitors the battery’s parameters, such as voltage, intensity and temperature. It integrates various battery charging cycles and adapts the charging curve according to the battery manufacturer specifications.
• In case of unstable power supply, the circuit-breaker activates and the charger automatically reboots as soon as the power supply is stabilized to complete the charging cycle.
• The charger also embeds a specific hardware to recover from deep discharge. No external booster equipment is required: the charger delivers a longer low voltage recovery cycle to energize the battery in a careful way.
Integrated care programs improve the batteries’ lifespan
The charger embeds battery maintenance functions that highly increase performance and life cycle over time.
• The automatic equalization program enables the battery cells to recharge at the same level, thus increasing their performances.
• Sulfation is one of the major causes of batteries failure. The smart charger integrates an on-board desulfation program. This ultra-slow charging program dissoves the sulfate layer on the battery plates, and thus enables the batteries to regenerate. It is recommended to launch it twice a year to drastically improve your battery lifespan.
• To preserve the batteries’range, the power automatically cuts off after 4 hours of inactivity.
Real time notifications facilitate the batteries’ charging phase and maintenance
Thanks to its CAN bus architecture, the smart charger collects various information about the machine batteries. The Haulotte Activ’Screen will display notifications for operators and technicians when full charge is required, recharge is required to avoid deep-discharge or when charging is finished. PULSEO range of machines (electric rough terrain MEWP’s) are equipped with a battery monitoring system (BMS) that analyses all battery data and details if deeper battery maintenance needed.
Battery water filling needs to be done every week to improve batteries’ lifespan. Haulotte developed 2 solutions to reduce this time consuming operation. The Haulotte Activ’Energy Management System can be fitted with a centralized watering system to refill all batteries at once, either manually or automatically.
The centralized waterfilling system reduces your maintenance efforts up to 96%!
A water level sensor integrated in the battery detects when a water refill is required. A network of watering hoses enables all batteries to be refilled at once. No more need to pump water into each battery cell separately! Once the operator gets a water filling alert, he simply uses the manual pump to add water in the batteries’ cells. To eliminate all watering maintenance, refilling can be automated. The auto maintenance pack embeds a water tank which automatically refills all batteries after each charge. This auto maintenance pack ensures an optimal battery health without any action required from the operator. The Haulotte Activ’ Screen will only send an alert when the water tank is empty.
Thanks to Haulotte Activ’Energy Management, your batteries could last twice as long! Developed with Liten - a major European research institute and a driving force behind the development of sustainable energy technologies - this exclusive technology helps to extend the performance of the batteries while reducing the maintenance costs and labor. It is currently available on the HA20 LE and Optimum 8 machines, and will be progressively integrated on the other electric equipment.